Today is a great day! It’s the first of July… so that means
Happy New Financial Year!
This is your mid year chance to make a fresh start, or review how you’re tracking so far.
To help you do that, I have a little something for you. One of the planning tools I love the most in my business is a simple monthly calendar. I love printing them out on separate sheets and spreading them out on a table so I can ‘see’ the whole year ahead. I break them into three monthly chunks and then start planning away.
In my coaching practice it’s one of the tools that my clients love too. Working through their priorities, commitments and timings helps them focus on what’s possible, what’s realistic and where they need to make adjustments or ask for help.
2015/2016 Financial Year Planning Business Session
You know how good you feel when you’ve spent time thinking about what needs to be done, writing it down and then planning into a calendar? Well I challenge you do to this sometime in the next week, for your next three months. Here are some things to consider:
1. What have you already committed to? Write the due date in your calendar?
2. What are your top 3 priorities for the next three months?
3. What would you like to be in your calendar that isn’t? (Here I’m thinking about holidays, date nights, friend catchups)
4. What’s in your calendar that you wish wasn’t? (What can you delegate, defer or decline?)
5. Now ask yourself ‘is this workload realistic?’ Listen closely to the answer!
Watch this space for future dates of our BizKin course to help you plan, prioritise and get productive. In the meantime, download your free calendar and get planning! Kylie x